Managing client relationships effectively is the cornerstone for any law firm that is serious about client care. In today’s competitive environment the key differentiating factor between practices will be its client service quality.
Sadly, many partners and fee earners still have not got the message with the result that clients are voting with their feet.
This workshop aims to equip partners and fee earners at all levels with an understanding of what clients seek in their legal advisers and provide practical tools and techniques that will assist in enhancing client relationships.
• Delegates will understand the essentials of good client management
• Learn how to manage client expectations effectively
• Recognize how to add value to client relationships
• What clients want and expect from their lawyers
• What upsets clients
• Our professional obligations – Chapter 1 – Code of Conduct
• Before accepting instructions – vetting clients and their business
• At the outset – client engagement and terms of business
• Keeping the client advised of progress
• Concluding the matter
• Complaints handling – minimizing the damage
• The impact of the Legal Ombudsman – LeO
• Client feedback
• Outcomes Focused Regulation – practical steps
• Gaining referrals and recommendations
• Delegates learn the practical steps they can take to manage client expectations effectively
• Delegates learn how existing client relationships are enhanced and how to develop effective relationships with new clients
3 hours CPD